Four were arrested after minor traffic accident at Dodger Stadium

Another episode erupted outside of Dodger Stadium since the beating of Giants fan Bryan Stow, who was left with brain damage, over a year ago.  Although this was not nearly as bad, the beat down sent four men to jail.  The Dodgers’ new ownership’s first duty was to beef up security in the parking lots, which showed, calming this situation before it got worse.

The latest attack occurred in the parking lot Sunday night after the Dodgers beat the Cardinals 6-5. The 20-year-old victim was drug out of his car after he had a collision with another driver.

It was just a minor fender bender that just got totally out of hand,” he said.

The altercation arose when three other men pinned him down as the other driver kicked and hit the victim in the head while on the ground.  Also in the car, was a woman who was eight months pregnant, but was not hurt.

The victim, whose name was not released, received scrapes and cuts to his face, but there were no life-threatening injuries.  The woman was also examined at the hospital as a precaution and also released.

The Dodgers, who were sold earlier this year to an ownership including “Magic” Johnson, added more to their security with help from the LAPD.  Off-duty officers attend every home game, and with some wearing opposing teams jerseys.  With the added staff, Dodgers security and off-duty LAPD were able to respond quickly.

“There is a lot of security at Dodger Stadium, and they were able to respond pretty quickly,” Los Angeles police officer Bruce Borihanh said.

According to sources, the occupants of the other vehicle, four men in their 20s, were booked on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and were being held in lieu of $30,000 bail, Los Angeles police officer Bruce Borihanh said Monday.

After the incident, security will be increased to prevent incidents like this from happening in and out of the stadium.

Stow, who has undergone several surgeries, is still continuing his rehabilitation and is still struggling with simple tasks.  His family still has a lawsuit against the team and previous owner Frank McCourt, who claim security cutbacks are in part to blame for the attack.  Two men were also arrested and are awaiting trial for the attack.