UFC Rumors: Brock Lesnar to give Mark Hunt a rematch after WWE SummerSlam in August?

UFC Rumors: Brock Lesnar to give Mark Hunt a rematch after WWE SummerSlam in August?

UFC heavyweight Mark Hunt is eyeing for a rematch against Brock Lesnar, who emerged victorious in the recent UFC 200 event. The WWE superstar won via unanimous decision, but the Super Samoan was unhappy with the drug-testing exemption that Lesnar received.

Mark Hunt accepted the outcome of the match but admitted that he was not convinced with the UFC ruling. “It is what it is. I have some complaints about the exemptions, he did get.” Hunt said.

- Advertisement -

ALSO READ: Conor McGregor vs Jose Aldo at UFC 205 regardless of the result of McGregor-Diaz rematch

According to Bleacher Report, fighters coming out of retirement have to give four months’ notice and make themselves available for random drug testing. Lesnar only agreed to take the fight in June, however, and UFC “waived” the rule for the returning veteran.

After hearing Hunt’s statement, Marc Raimondi of MMAFighting.com defended Brock Lesnar and said that he was tested six times over the last month.

In their UFC 200 fight, Brock Lesnar completely dominated Mark Hunt by controlling the match in the first round. Lesnar successfully executed his plan and avoid a stand-up fight against the Super Samoan. This prevents Hunt for landing devastating power shots, landing only light punches to the WWE Superstar.

ALSO READ: WWE SummerSlam 2016 rumors and possible match card

It was nearly five years since Brock Lesnar stepped into the Octagon so many are surprised with his performance at UFC 200. The WWE superstar kept a safe distance from his opponent and find the perfect timing to take him down.

“People don’t realize, for a guy who only fought a few times in this sport, then goes away for as long as he has, his age and everything — to come back and do what he did tonight is pretty impressive,” UFC president Dana White said on SportsCenter after Saturday’s card. “He’s a freak of nature.”

There is still no confirmation on Brock Lesnar’s return to the Octagon since he is currently signed with WWE. The former heavyweight champion is about to face Randy Orton at SummerSlam in August.

“One day at a time,” he said. “I’m so happy to be in here.”

UFC president Dana White is confident that Brock Lesnar will still return in the future. However, there is a possibility that he will prefer to have his rematch with Alistair Overeem than with Mark Hunt.

Photo courtesy: Miguel Discart/Flickr.com