NFL Rumors: 49ers release Bruce Miller following arrest for assaulting 70-year old man

NFL Rumors: 49ers release Bruce Miller following arrest for assaulting 70-year old man

With days leading to their season opener, the San Francisco 49ers made a tough decision to formally release their fullback, Bruce Miller. Rumors are swirling that the 49ers released Miller following his arrest for allegedly assaulting a 70-year old man and his son.

KTVU reported that the 29-year old Miller arrived Sunday night at the Fisherman’s Wharf Marriott Hotel and wanted to check in. Hotel staff informed Miller that they were already fully booked.

- Advertisement -

Miller then returned allegedly drunk and knocked at a room occupied by an elderly couple. The couple’s son, who checked in next door told Miller he was in the wrong room.

Instead of listening, Miller immediately charged at the man who in turn made the 70-year old man to aid his son. Both men were no match for Miller, who beat and allegedly punched the elderly.

A hotel staff reported the incident as Miller ran out of the hotel with blood on his face and was vomiting.

ALSO READ: Josh Sitton denies being mad at Green Bay, signed with Chicago for weather

Aside from being punched, the elderly man suffered some broken bones that needed medical attention due to the altercation. When the cops arrived at the scene, Miller managed to flee the scene but was later arrested at the adjacent hotel.

Miller was then charged with assault with a deadly weapon (not a firearm), two counts of making criminal threats, and battery. TMZ reported that Miller managed to post bail of $178,000 and released from police custody.

Prior to the incident, Miller went out with friends and hung out at The Palm House, a popular San Francisco restaurant, and bar. This was later confirmed with his post on Instagram with the caption “Sundays are for the boys.”

KTVU managed to interview someone who works at the restaurant who stated that Miller left the establishment very drunk.

Following his arrest, the 49ers issued a statement that they are aware of what happened to Miller. The 49ers gathered enough information before a decision would be made. Around 12:12 p.m. PT, the 49ers formally announced that they have released Miller.

ALSO READ: Obama sides with Kaepernick, says ‘that’s how democracy works’

Miller has been with the 49ers since 2011. He had a bright future as he signed a three-year contract extension with the 49ers in March. But due to the incident, the 49ers had to cut ties with him.

This is not the first time that Miller got into trouble with the law. On June 2, 2015, Miller pleaded no-contest to a misdemeanor domestic-violence charge against his fiance that occurred in March 2015. He was then ordered to court-mandated counseling.

Photo Courtesy: Denverjeffrey/Creative Commons