Islamic State confirms responsibility with the attack in a German Train

Islamic State confirms responsibility with the attack in a German Train

Islamic State confirms they are responsible for the attack on a train in Germany, where five people got injured; this is according to the statement posted by its Aamaq news agency Tuesday.

The statement said, “The perpetrator of the stabbing attack in Germany was one of the fighters of the Islamic State and carried out the operation in answer to the calls to target the countries of the coalition fighting the Islamic State,”

- Advertisement -

ALSO READ: NFL News: Arian Foster inks one-year deal with Miami Dolphins

The 17-years-old attacker, an Afghan refugee, was shot to death by police as he escaped from the scene after slashing the passengers using an ax and a knife.

Four passengers, who are all members of a family from Hong Kong were hurt and got injured in this incident, where two of them are critical. According to reports, the injured passenger includes a 62-year-old father, 58-year-old mother, 27-year-old daughter and her 31-year-old boyfriend.

Another train passenger was slightly injured and 14 others were treated for shock.

ALSO READ: NCAA Basketball: 6-foot-5 guard Kobe Paras commits to Creighton University

According to Joachim Herrmann, the Bavarian Interior Minister, says police authorities have discovered a hand-painted flag of the Islamic State militant group in the belongings of the Afghan teenager.

Herrmann also said the boy lived in the German town of Ochsenfurt. He also said that the teenager was alone when he arrived from Afghanistan to apply for asylum last year.

ALSO READ: Diane Kruger and Joshua Jackson end their 10-year relationship

According to the other reports, passengers heard the boy shouting “Allahu Akbar (God is great)” while attacking the train. Authorities were also trying to identify what motivates the boy in doing this attacked.

The attack happened about 175 miles northwest of Munich.


Photo Courtesy: Richard/Flickr