UFC has added another bantamweight fight card to its already decorated UFC 200 event. Cat Zingano is to fight Julianna Pena at UFC 200, the UFC’s official Twitter account handle announced.
The announcement comes a day after UFC announced that Miesha Tate will have her first title defence against Amanda Nunes at UFC 200 on July 9. UFC 200 is to be held at the new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The event is headlined by a catchweight rematch between UFC featherweight champ Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz. UFC 200 will also see a rematch between Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar for an interim featherweight title, the winner of which will fight McGregor.
A fan favourite, Cat Zingano will make her first Octagon appearance since losing to then bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey. Rousey defeated Zingano in the main event of UFC 184 last year. She is currently ranked No. 4 fighter in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA women’s bantamweight rankings. Zingano’s most notable win was over Tate in April 2013 at The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale.
Julianna Pena meanwhile, is the first woman ever to win an Ultimate Fighter championship. Her most recent fight was a decision over Jessica Eye at UFC 192. She also recently had a brush with the law.
She was involved in a bar brawl this past December in which she reportedly groin-kicked two bouncers. She was later arrested and charged with two counts of assault. She recently receives a continuance in the case last month which will drop the charges only if she doesn’t have any more run-ins with the law.
The latest UFC 200 card now includes:
- Champ Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz – non-title welterweight bout
- Champ Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes – for women’s bantamweight title
- Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar – for interim featherweight title
- Travis Browne vs. Cain Velasquez
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Johny Hendricks
- Derek Brunson vs. Gegard Mousasi
- Joe Lauzon vs. Diego Sanchez
- Takanori Gomi vs. Jim Miller
- Enrique Marin vs. Sage Northcutt
- Julianna Pena vs. Cat Zingano