Conor McGregor is officially out of UFC 200. And now it looks like Nate Diaz is too.
Nate Diaz tweeted Monday evening that he is going on a “vacation”. Well, going on a vacation is no problem at all, but what is astonishing is that why would he want to go on a vacation ahead of his fight.
Conor McGregor didn’t want to hamper his training. Hence, he refused to do promotions. And here we have Nate Diaz, who is going on a vacation. Does this mean that Nate Diaz has opted out of UFC 200?
Clearly, Diaz had eyes only for McGregor. Last week at a press conference, Diaz said that he only wanted to fight the Irishman at the UFC 200 fight card, and if not, he was going on a vacation.
Chances of McGregor fighting at the July 9 event are slim. UFC President Dana White told TMZ on Monday that Conor won’t fight at UFC 200 but sometime after that.
“He’ll fight on 201, 202, 203 – whatever. I don’t know when. We’ll get it figured out,” said White.
White’s statements come after McGregor’s tweet on Sunday night that is back on the card.
However, refuting McGregor’s claim White said that he is unsure why the 27-year-old fighter would tweet something like this.
“I don’t know. I don’t know why he did. I still haven’t talked to him. We had a whole press conference about this. I just don’t know how more clear I can make it,” he said.
Conor McGregor created a storm when he tweeted out last week that he is retiring from the sport. Subsequently, UFC pulled him out of his scheduled fight with Nate Diaz for refusing to promote the fight.
UFC is yet to name McGregor’s replacement and with Nate Diaz’s vacation tweet, UFC 200 looks messier than ever.
Photo Courtesy: Facebook/Nate Diaz