Nate Diaz unhappy with rematch? Check details

Nate Diaz unhappy with rematch? Check details

Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor are set for a rematch at UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas. Diaz previously beat McGregor earlier this month at UFC 196 shocking the entire MMA world.

Nate Diaz was brought in to fight McGregor after Rafael dos Anjos pulled out of his fight with McGregor citing injury. And now less than a month and UFC has already announced the rematch between the two. Probably this is why, Nate has reasons to doubt the intentions of UFC. According to him, nobody gets a rematch.

- Advertisement -

“Nobody gets a rematch, and all of a sudden, this guy’s getting a rematch,” Diaz said on You’re Welcome podcast, reports MMA Junkie. “They’re like, ‘We need this to happen and everybody wants this to happen.’ I’m like, ‘Or do you guys want this to happen, because you guys need a re-do?’”

“In times of war, you wouldn’t even be here for this to be taking place, because the reality of it is, (expletive), you got taken out. I think the whole rematch thing is cool, because they want to do it, and it’s worth the money and everybody wants to see a big money fight, but I’m just thinking it’s (expletive) up, because I’ve lost a lot of funny decisions in my career, and I know I could beat anybody I lost to, and I never got a rematch. This guy’s getting babied.”

READ ALSO: Conor McGregor is obsessed with Nate Diaz rematch

Diaz has even accused UFC of favoring McGregor.

“He’s getting all this damn credit for going up two weight classes, but let’s not forget that I was not doing (expletive),” Diaz said. “And they came in, and not only him, but the UFC, they plotted on me together and tried to take me out, and it all blew up in their faces. So here we are today, and that’s why there’s a rematch.”