MMA Fighting reports that Jose Aldo’s coach revealed the new details. Aldo’s coach and manager Andre Pederneiras said that they had to decline the offer because Aldo wasn’t prepared.
“Dana (White) called me, telling what happened and asking if Aldo was in shape to fight,” Pederneiras told Combate.
“I said he wasn’t and that there wasn’t enough time, and unfortunately he wouldn’t be able to fight next week.”
Aldo previously said that he wants nothing but a title match with Conor McGregor. He posted the same on Jan. 27 in his Instagram post.
“For everything I have done, everything I have accepted and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot,” Aldo wrote.
“My only exception would be fighting (McGregor), at any time, anywhere, and once that he is afraid and knows that I’m gonna win… Doesn’t have to be title fight against him. Keep my belt, but I wanna whoop (your) ass anywhere.”
Jose Aldo lost to Conor McGregor at UFC 194 within 13 seconds into the fight. Immediately after the fight, McGregor expressed his desire to move up division. His fight against lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos was the first step to it.
Their fight was already expected to draw huge crowds. Many gave their prediction about the fight. UFC President even went on to say that Conor might lose the fight because of body weight.
However, McGregor was determined to win. A Jose Aldo-Conor McGregor rematch would surely have been a great one.
But to prepare himself against Conor would surely need more time. Just recently Jose revealed that he “returned to training a while ago adjusting my weapons and getting better.”