Top Five NFL Wide Receivers
In the NFL, Wide Receivers are very essential to a passing game. They can determine an outcome of a game with a game winning touchdown or a dropped pass. Here are the top five Wide Receivers in the NFL:
5. Steve Smith- Carolina Panthers- Smith has revitalized his career with the addition of Cam Newton. He had a sensational year as he gained 1,394 receiving yards with 7 touchdowns. He is expected to have a big year this season with quarterback Cam Newton, who is starting his sophomore season.
4. Mike Wallace- Pittsburgh Steelers- One of the most underrated wide receivers in the league, Wallace has blazing speed that creates huge mismatches in the secondary, and he opens up the Steelers running game as well as stretching the defense both vertically and to the sidelines. He’s a quickly rising star and it is likely that he will not be with the Steelers much longer. Last year he gained 1,793 receiving yards with 8 touchdowns.
3. Victor Cruz- New York Giants- Victor Cruz really did come out of nowhere for the Giants in 2011. This was a guy that most of us hadn’t even heard about before the season started, and deserves to be on this list. Expect a huge year from him.
2. Larry Fitzgerald- He is every offensive coordinator’s dream. Fitzgerald is a great combination of speed, quickness and talent. He doesn’t drop passes, and we don’t hear about him turning the Cardinals locker room into a media circus. In short, he’s the perfect type of guy you want on your team.
1. Calvin Johnson- Detroit Lions- Megatron. He led the league in receiving last season with 1,681 yards to go along with his 16 touchdown receptions. He has all the size you could ever want as a receiver, and he uses it to his full advantage. Calvin Johnson is living proof that even a general manager as terrible as Matt Millen can get a pick right occasionally.