WWE Rumors: Carlito making a return as part of new ‘Puerto Rico’ stable with Primo and Epico?

WWE Rumors: Carlito making a return as part of new ‘Puerto Rico’ stable with Primo and Epico?

The latest WWE rumors suggest that Carlito may be making a return to the company where he made his name for six years. His brother Primo and cousin Epico are still on the WWE main roster, formerly under a masked as Los Matadores.

However, the group was written out of television and the cousins were given a new gimmick. In the latest episode of Monday Night Raw, a vignette named “Greetings from Puerto Rico” aired showing Primo and Epico as their new characters and you can watch the video below.

- Advertisement -

The new gimmick looks very familiar to Carlito when he debuted back in 2004. The only difference was that Carlito was spitting on faces of people who don’t want to be cool.

Video CourtesyYouTube/WWE

The similarity of the gimmicks has fueled WWE rumors of Carlito’s return. The former United States and Intercontinental champion has also said in recent interviews that he is ready to return to the WWE.

“Hopefully, if things line up correctly, I am in the best shape of my life right now. I still got a couple of years left and it’s really up to them. The ball is in their court. That’s where I started, that’s where I made my career. I haven’t been anywhere else so far. My plan is to always go back under the right circumstances,” Carlito told Hannibal TV.

According to a report by Bleacher Report, his father and WWE Hall of Famer Carlos Colon Sr. revealed that Carlito failed a WWE Wellness Policy test in 2010. He added that his son’s refusal to enter a rehabilitation facility for painkiller addiction led to his release.

However, the 37-year-old wrestler is still in his prime and will be very useful in the WWE main roster. A new heel stable with his brother and cousin should reignite their careers, especially that teams like The New Day and The Wyatt Family just turned faces.

Photo CourtesyTabercil/Wikimedia