Nate Diaz accepted a short notice fight and went on to defeat Conor McGregor at UFC 196. They are to meet again for a rematch at UFC 200 on July 9 later this year. And now ahead of the upcoming anticipated rematch, Nate Diaz is hopeful that he will defeat Conor McGregor again.
“I’m sure he’ll be all right when I beat him. I’m top of the food chain. I’ve been fighting top 10 competition for eight years. Losing to me is not so bad.”” Diaz told FOX Sports. “You can lose to some lame ass or you can lose to a real (expletive) G fighter. I don’t think it will hurt him too much. He’ll be all right.”
If Conor McGregor does lose to Nate Diaz for the second time, it will be a big blow to the brand that McGregor has built for himself. McGregor created history when he beats Jose Aldo at UFC 194 last year in just 13 seconds.
His loss to Diaz came as a big blow to everyone. And now with a full training camp behind him, a luxury Diaz didn’t have in his earlier fight, he is surely a man to watch out for.
But the one thing that puzzles Diaz is the rematch offer by UFC with McGregor. Ever since his loss, McGregor has rallied around for a rematch with Diaz.
“I’ve lost decisions that I didn’t really lose and if I asked to get a rematch it was out of the question like are you kidding me, don’t even ask,” Diaz said. “But this guy is getting praised for wanting a rematch. It’s like get the (expletive) out of here, (expletive), this is the fight game.”
“Whoever has lost a fight in the UFC and hasn’t wanted to fight that guy the next day shouldn’t be in the sport. All of a sudden he’s getting praised for losing and watching a rematch? Get the (expletive) out of here, I’m sick of hearing it.”
The Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz rematch will be held at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on July 9.
Photo Courtesy: Facebook/Nate Diaz