The United States and Mexico will face off at the Mapfre Stadium in Columbus, Ohio on Friday to start the fifth round of the 2018 CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying matches. Here are all the things you need to know for USA vs. Mexico including previews, TV schedule, projected lineups and live stream links.
USA vs. Mexico Preview
The fierce rivals have called up strong teams as they fight for a spot in the 2018 World Cup. The top three teams in the Hexagonal will qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia with the fifth spot heading into the inter-confederation playoffs.
The Americans finished the fourth round at the top of Group C and they will face the Mexicans that also finished first in Group A. Team USA is in very fine form as they are unbeaten in their past four matches. They won the final two games of the fourth round with a score of 2-0 while beating Cuba in their friendly last month.
“Obviously the Mexico clash is a six-pointer to start the Hexagonal right away. We badly want to continue the tradition of beating them in Columbus,” USA head coach Jurgen Klinsmann told Yahoo! Sports.
On the other hand, the Mexico Men’s National Football Team are also in great form and has not been defeated in their last four games. They ended the fourth round with a draw against Honduras but won their final two friendly games before the start of the Hexagonal.
USA vs. Mexico Projected Lineups
- USA (4-2-3-1): Tim Howard – Fabian Johnson, Omar Gonzalez, Matt Besler, DeAndre Yedlin – Michael Bradley, Alejandro Bedoya – Christian Pulisic, Sacha Kljestan, Julian Green – Jozy Altidore
- Mexico (5-3-2): Guillermo Ochoa – Hector Moreno, Miguel Layun, Rafael Marquez, Hugo Ayala, Diego Reyes – Giovani dos Santos, Andres Guardado, Jonathan dos Santos – Javier Hernandez, Oribe Peralta
USA vs. Mexico TV Schedule
- Date: November 11, Friday
- Time: 7:45 PM ET
- Venue: Mapfre Stadium in Columbus, Ohio.
- Channel: FOX Sports 1, Univision Deportes
USA vs. Mexico Live Stream Links
Photo Courtesy: Sporting Innovations/Flickr