LA Clippers Blake Griffin apologised Tuesday for hitting a LA Clippers staff member last month, reports FOX Sports.
Griffin was also suspended for four games and docked five games’ pay totaling $859,442 for the altercation with Matias Testi at a Toronto restaurant on Jan. 23. The altercation left him injured with a broken hand and the employee was left with facial injuries.
“It’s something I think about every day and wish I could take it back, and I’ve told Matias that,” Griffin said, according to FOX Sports report.
“I have talked to Matias tons of times since the incident. He actually said it best: `This stuff happens and we’re like brothers and we just have to move on.’”
Griffin also posted his apology on Twitter saying that he feels awful about the incident.
“A situation among friends escalated and I regret the way I handled myself towards someone I care about. I want to apologize to the Clippers organization, my teammates and the fans for creating a distraction. I am working with the team on a resolution and getting back in the game as soon as possible,” he tweeted.
And ever since the incident, there have been rumors that LA Clippers are going to trade Griffin.
However, coach Doc Rivers has put everything to rest. Rivers said that the team isn’t trading Blake despite all the rumors.
Griffin however may join his team Thursday when it plays San Antonio Spurs in the LA Clippers’ first game since the All-Star break.
Meanwhile, Griffin has dismissed that he needs anger management counselling.
The 26 year old is one of the best players in the Clippers history. In his absence, the team has posted a record of 17-5.
Photo Courtesy: The Sports Quotient