Even after more than a decade since his retirement, Michael Jordan’s legacy seems to be intact with the basketball fans who still recognizes him as the best basketball player who ever played the game.
Just recently, Michael Jordan’s final regular season jersey with the Chicago Bulls had been auctioned and was sold at a whopping $173,240. This now becomes the most expensive Michael Jordan related item that was sold in auction by Goldwin since his pair of shoes that he wore during the “Flu game” at the 1997 NBA Finals against the Utah Jazz
“No one who has been out of the game fewer than 15 years has had items sell for these kinds of prices,” said Ken Goldin of Goldin Auctions according to ESPN.com
“Michael Jordan is the collectible equivalent of Babe Ruth,” added Goldin.
Since then, basketball fans had flocked in and dreamed to have a memorabilia of Michael Jordan’s legacy in basketball. One of the more well known Jordan related items that were sold higher was the signed basketball that was used during the shoot of the music video – “Jam”. In the video, Jordan partnered with another legendary “Michael” – Michael Jackson. Both music and basketball icons signed the basketball and was reportedly sold at $294,000.
Other Michael Jordan related items that were sold high were as of follows (in US Dollars):
- Game-used UNC jersey ($114,000)
- 1986-1987 Fleer Michael Jordan Rookie Card ($100,000)
- 1984 game-used rookie road uniform ($70,500)
- 1984 game-used and autographed jersey ($66,000)
- Backboard and rim from Michael Jordan’s “Final Shot” ($57,000)
- 1984 game-used rookie home uniform ($49,937.50)
- Autographed 1992 Olympic games jersey ($38,187.50)
- Autographed game worn Air Jordan 1 ($21,780)
- 1994 Michael Jordan Scottsdale Scorpions game-used road uniform ($18,000)
- Game-worn Black Bulls Jersey ($17,000)
- Patek Philippe watch that MJ gave to Coach Tex Winter ($16,250)
- Autograhed 1995 White Sox jersey ($14,100)
- Air Jordan XI “Blackout” ($11,267)
- McDonald’s “McJordan” BBQ sauce ($9,995)
- Net from UNC-Georgetown NCAA Championship Game ($8,813)
- Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson autographed 1992 NBA All-Star game storyboard sheets
- Autographed game-used Converse Pro Leather ($7,853)
- 1981 Buccaneers High School Yearbook ($3,750)