The last quarter of 2015 jersey sales are in! And the king of the jerseys is the 2015 MVP and NBA champion, Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors.
Here is the top 15 jersey sales from October – December 2015 according to the NBA Store as reported by Bleacher Report:
- Stephen Curry – Golden State Warriors
- LeBron James – Cleveland Cavaliers
- Kobe Bryant – Los Angeles Lakers
- Kristaps Porzingis – New York Knicks
- Kevin Durant – Oklahoma City Thunder
- Derrick Rose – Chicago Bulls
- Russell Westbrook – Oklahoma City Thunder
- Kyrie Irving – Cleveland Cavaliers
- James Harden – Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler – Chicago Bulls
- Klay Thompson – Golden State Warriors
- Paul George – Indiana Pacers
- Anthony Davis – New Orleans Hornets
- Chris Paul – Los Angeles Clippers
- Carmelo Anthony – New York Knicks
James and Curry were the main stars of the 2015 NBA finals in which the Warriors won 4-2. Just this 2015-2016 season, James’s Cavaliers was again beat by Curry’s Warriors twice.
More striking is how New York Knicks rookie, Kristaps Porzingis cracked the top 4 surpassing Kevin Durant and Adidas endorser, Derrick Rose. Porzingis’ Knicks teammate, Carmelo Anthony made the last spot on the top 15 list and he is also the only rookie in the list.
The retiring Kobe Bryant is still one of the most popular athletes and his jersey sales made the 3rd overall.
Other than Curry, another Warrior teammate – Klay Thompson made it to number 11 while James is joined by Kyrie Irving at number 8.